FLV Audio Recorder Changelog:
July 23, 2015
FLV Audio Recorder Build 180
- Implemented new setting playbackMaskColor that controls the color of the mask that goes over the soundwave on playback.
- Implemented new JS API onMicActivityLevel called every second by FLVAR returning the amount of sound the microphone is detecting. -1 value means there is no sound coming into the microphone.
- Implemented the variable authenticity_token that can be sent only via flash vars. It is used only for Ruby on Rails implementations where it is needed to validate POST requests for the CSRF mechanism. This variable is sent back to the save_video_to_db file.
- Removed some old unnecessary files from the delivery archive.
June 9, 2015
FLV Audio Recorder Build 174
Some needed changes have been added in this build. We’ve added a couple of new settings that further enable the customization of FLVAR.
- Added soundWaveColor setting which controls the color of the sound wave.
- Added textColor setting which controls the color of the timer text.
- Added textFont setting which controls the font used by the timer text.
- Added textSize setting which controls the size of the timer text.
- Changed the way maxRecordingTime works. Now if the option is set to 0, FLVAR will record with no time limit applied.
- Added hideTimeLimit setting which controls if the remaining time (maxRecordingTime) should be displayed in the timer text.
- Implemented new callback API micSettings which opens up the Flash Player microphone settings window. Along with this change, the hideButtons setting now also hides the microphone settings button inside FLVAR so that customs HTML buttons can now be fully created.
May 18, 2015
FLV Audio Recorder Build 170
We’ve just released a new version of FLVAR that brings few but important changes. Here's what's new:
- Implemented a new JS callback onUploadDone called when the buffer is empty and the recording has been stopped by the user.
- Encoded recorder id so that it can pass more complex strings as parameters.
April 30, 2013
FLV Audio Recorder Build 162
We’ve just made a quick update to our FLVAR audio recording product today and added a sound wave that is shown during recording and playback.
The files that have been modified:
- audiorecorder.swf < added functionality
- all 3 avc_settings.xxx files < added showSoundWave option
The sound wave is visible by default but it can be hidden by setting showSoundWave=0 in avc_settings.xxx .
//showSoundWave: Number //desc: whether or not to show the grey sound wave during recording and the soundwave + green playback position indicator during playback //values: 1 for visible, 0 for invisible //default: 1 $config["showSoundWave"]=1;
The new build has the number 162 and can be downloaded from your private client area.
Here’s how FLVAR looks now during recording:
And during playback:
February 27, 2013
FLV Audio Recorder Build 152
- new setting (hideButtons) in avc_settings.xxx hides the main record & playback buttons. It’s good for when you want to control FLVAR trough HTML buttons.
- a new set of JSP server side config files (avc_settings,jsp and save_aduio_to_db.jsp) to complement the existing PHP and ASP ones
- we’ve added 2 new JS callback functions : onNewSecond and recordingPlaybackStopped
February 27, 2012
FLV Audio Recorder Build 145
Today we’re making a rather considerable build of FLVAR with several new features, new JS calls and a brand new JS Control API:
- FLVAR now defaults to using the NellyMoser ASAO audio codec because it can be decoded by default by ffmpeg
- JS Control API for controlling FLVAR from JS
- added onFlashReady JS callback to audiorecorder-api.html when FLVAR is initialized
- The sscode flash var is now mandatory and the default value also contains the dot (this allows you to leave it empty and call site.com/avc_settings instead of site.com/avc_settings.xxx)
- the recorderId flash var is now sent via GET to avc_settiungs.xxx
- the recorderId flash var is now sent to all JS functions
- the JS -> FLVAR function call (document.audiorecorder.save) can now receive a variable that is sent via GET to save_audio_to_db.xxx, executing
document.audiorecorder.save(‘extra_data_to_send_to_save_script’) in the HTML file will make FLVAR send the POST variable named extra with the value “extra_data_to_send_to_save_script” to save_audio_to_db.php
- fix for Connection Rejected issues with Wowza/Red5 caused by Flash Player update
- fixed issues with onClickStopJS and onClickPlayJS not being called with IE8
August 17, 2011
FLV Audio Recorder Build 118
- we’ve added the onMicAccess JS callback to audiorecorder-api.html. This function is called when the user clicks Allow or Deny in the Privacy Panel shown by FLVAR (Flash Player actually) when microphone access is needed.
August 17, 2011
FLV Audio Recorder Build 114
- extended JS read API (now covers all the buttons, details on the FLVAR API page)
- added swfobject detection for Flash Player 10.0.22 (minimum version to support audio recording using the Speex codec used by default by FLVAR)
May 16, 2011
FLV Audio Recorder Build 108
- when the user does not have a sound card a proper error message is shown
- new option in avc_settings.xxx to specify the path to the language file
- language file was moved to the translations folder and renamed en.xml
- The line error/status message now can display 2 lines of text
- fixed some descriptions in avc_settings.xxx
- added inclusion of integration.php by default in avc_settings.php (integration.php can be used to change the settings in avc_settings.php so you don’t have to change them every time you update to a newer version of avc_settings.php)
June 21, 2010
FLV Audio Recorder Build 76
- Support for audio encoding with the Speex audio codec (NellyMoser is also supported if you want to use that)
- changed code and sources to as3 (because of the needed Speex support)
- needs Flash Player 10 to run
February 16, 2010
FLV Audio Recorder Build 63
- small changes to the source code
- added Red5 0.9 server side files, however audio recording in Red5 0.9 seems to be broken. None of the resulted .flv files played back properly in Flash Player or in deskop flv players. Running the flvcheck tool (shipped with FMIS) on any .flv file recorded using Red5 0.9 brings out the following error: Error -11 Found backward timestamp. However the latest Red 5 trunk version (rev 4047 right now) works properly.
- build 63
November 16, 2009
FLV Audio Recorder Build 33
- added build number visible on right click
- the recording now starts when the user clicks [Accept] in the dialog box asking for permission to access the mic. Previously the recording would start when the user pressed the [Record] button but because of the need to accept access to the mic recording ended up having empty space at the beginning
- added a new variable recorderId (that can be passed via flash vars ) which is passed back with every JS call. This allows you to use 2 or more audio recorders on the same HTML page. When you get a JS call now you know which of the 2 or more audio players issued the call!
- added specific server side files for Red5 0.7 and 0.8
Your audio program rocks! It's working well right now on Networked Recruiter.
Absolutely top product! Shame Flash doesn't have this kind of functionality without a media server - we develop solutions for the radio industry and this is right up our street!
Tweets by @nusofthq