What is it?
Why it's good:(see also requirements and how it works)
- It can be seamlessly integrated with your existing web site (Java Script, Php and Asp API's).
- Prevents users from recording non stop (ability to limit recording time)
- Works with localized version of web sites (can be translated to any language using the external .xml language file).
- Uses Industry standard file format is used for saving the audio data (records directly to .flv files, flv is the default audio container in Flash).
- Uses Industry standard audio codec is used (the audio is encoded using the NellyMoser or Speex audio codecs built into Flash Player who are specifically tailored for voice recording).
- Its Platform independent. The audio recorder is developed in Flash which means it will work on Windows, Linux, Os X, Chrome, Firefox, IE, you name it!
- Supports all media servers (FMIS, Red5 and Wowza).
- No echo effect.
- You can modify the UI or functionality (source files are available for purchase, Flash CS4 .fla file with AS3 code).
Requirements:(see also features and how it works)
- A web site where to upload the audio recorder.
- A media server to handle the audio recording. You have 3 options:
- Red5 (free) installed on a dedicated server or VPS. You can get a dedicated server or VPS with Red5 pre-installed from hostv.com . Red5 0.7, 0.8 or 1.0 RC1 ONLY, Red5 0.9.x is NOT supported.
- FMIS (commercial) installed on a dedicated or VPS server. FMIS hosting is also available for as low as $19/mo from influxis.com and uvault.com .
- Wowza (commercial) installed on a dedicated server or VPS.
How it works:(see also features and how it works)
- You install the audio recorder on your web site and media server.
- The user goes to the web page on your web site where the audio recorder is located/embedded and starts recording.
- The audio recorder grabs raw audio from the mic, encodes it and streams the encoded audio to the media server.
- The media server saves the incoming data in a .flv file. This .flv file can be played back later directly from the media server via streaming or moved to a web server for delivery via http (download & progressive download playback).
- The name, size and other info about the new recording is sent to the JS, Php and Asp API's (to be saved in a database, etc...).
I want to try it first, give me a 15 days trial for my web site!
You can get a 15 days trial if you fill out this form .
Have any questions?
Your audio program rocks! It's working well right now on Networked Recruiter.
Absolutely top product! Shame Flash doesn't have this kind of functionality without a media server - we develop solutions for the radio industry and this is right up our street!
Latest posts from our blog:
- New Build (3181) for AVChat 3 Module for Drupal 7
- Minor Update to AVChat 3 Module for phpFox 3.x, build 3134
- What Is the State of WebRTC?
- New Build (3131) for AVChat Module for phpFox 3.x
- AVChat Update Build 3097
- AVChat October Build 3078 Has Been Released
- Small Bug Fix for Our Social Engine 4 Integration Kit
- How to Build a Paid Video Chat Membership Website with SocialEngine 4, AVChat 3 and PayPal
- Audior 1.2 Has Been Released
- New AVChat Module for SocialEngine PHP 4.x build 3041 Released
Tweets by @nusofthq